Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Class Reflection

I can't believe that the semester end is in sight! I really enjoyed having the class online. I had a very difficult time at first figuring out all the different tools that we use like the Blog as well have difficultly with getting things "handed" in on time. I also thought the class was a little demanding but that was expected since we didn't have face to face meetings. I really liked the revision tool that we learned how to use, I just wish we were able to use it on more than the one paper. Parts of the class that I didn't like was the different places we were communicating. I wish we could have just stuck to the discussion board or the blog, i did get a little confused here. One thing that I really liked was the conferences. I was able to ask questions from anywhere. Sometimes I was at home being lazy on the couch and sometimes I was in between classes so it worked out perfect. I feel like I got more feedback from the online conference that others I have had in person with professors. Any even in my classes that I have now on campus I didn't even have that many conversations with and they are physically infron of me.
Overall I was very happy with the way the class went and am looking forward to taking 102 online as well. Now that I am more familiar with everything that is needed and I am able understand how much time I need to complete assignment I think it will go rather well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jena,

    Carly also mentioned the conferences in her post, so I am glad that you also found those useful. Thank you for the insightful comment, which compares your online experience with a face-to-face experience. That is super interesting to me.

    Also, I appreciate your comment about the Crocodocs revision tool that we used for the last interpretive essay. I was just sort of "testing it out" on you all, but in the future I might use it for all three essays, given what you and some of your classmates are saying. I hesitate to add "one more website" since (as you mentioned) there are already two to deal with.

    Yes, I had a feeling that splitting the course between D2L and the blog might be a hassle or somewhat confusing. Sorry about that.

    It was great working with you this semester and seeing your writing move from initial thoughts to developed conclusions. You came up with some really unique interpretations, so hopefully that originality serves you well when researching a topic in English 102.

    ReplyDelete